Pages

Ladies, if you haven't heard about environmental friendly reusable menstrual products, please read posts on Cloth pads & cups...

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Green Idea 3 - How To Make Your Own Deodorant?

There are many harmful ingredients in products we use daily but we generally don't pay enough attentions. I am slowly switching out things which I find harmful ingredients in them. I have been able to use home made soap for body & hair, home made laundry detergent & dish washing soap, and now I am going to switch to home made deodorant.. :)

I found this simple recipe to make our own deodorant and I am going to try it:
(I mix 1 part of baking soda with 1 part of corn starch (rather than 6 parts).)

What are the potential harmful ingredients one may find in commercially available deodorant? Aluminium is one of them and it is absorbed through the skin and accumulates in the body.

Read more about this here:
http://www.dyingtolookgood.com/deodorant_top7.html

Bye and have a good weekend.
Anic

2 comments:

Mila@Rimbun said...

u a a really handmade queen Anic.. never thought of making our own deodorant. Thanks for sharing

Anic said...

Hi Mila.. :) Trying to live a simple, healthy & sustainable lifestyle..

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails