Pages

Ladies, if you haven't heard about environmental friendly reusable menstrual products, please read posts on Cloth pads & cups...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sewing Notions 7 - My First Fabric Button


With little time I have tonight, this is what I could do..  :)   my first fabric button..  :)   It is from linen scrap I bought from MyBotang.     The button is not in perfect round, because the fabric was not big enough to be pulled to the centre properly.    I didn't use a kit.

Here is a link to a tutorial which use a cover button without a kit:
http://www.craftpudding.com/2007/06/covered-button-tutorial.html

This one doesn't even need a cover button, just use something round:
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/diy_fabric_buttons

Thanks to the link owners for sharing the tutorial.



Where to get cover buttons, please see my previous post:
http://anic-lohas.blogspot.com/2010/08/craft-coop-coverfabric-buttons-tool-kit.html

3 comments:

Mila@Rimbun said...

wahh so creative.. agaknya kalau guna untuk baju, n masuk washing machine ok tak eks? if for crafty things yg tak dibasuh I think should be ok.

The Sewist said...

This is something i have yet to try yours looks great and dont you love shopping from My Botang love her customer service

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

Anic said...

Hi Mila,
I think there are different qualities. Mine look like they are only good for crafty stuff. I sewing notions shop in my area make fabric button for customer, price ok about 20-40cents one, I think that one should be ok for baju.

I just figured this morning that I should glue the pieces together so that the button will be strong.. :)

Hi Mayya,
Thanks. :)

Must try... :) so easy to make.. but yet very satisfying..

it is useful when there is a small piece of very nice fabric.. it is also a good therapy when one is feeling down with their craft work not turning out well, make this and feel good about it.. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails